Sunday, May 11, 2008

And more Memories

I never realized that peripa's initials were 'MVP' until I read some of the blogs. He has has a great influence in my life and has given appa, amma and me a lot of help ever since my childhood. Whenever I would have my summer holidays I would always look forward to come to hyderabad to meet peripa, perima and the others. I used to be very happy to see his face at Begampeth station when we would arrive. He would greet us with that familiar 'smile' of his.

I will never forget the time I spent with Him in London. He came there to visit for about 10 days and we would go round the city travelling. I would insist that we use the trains as they were faster and also because I knew the train routes really well. But he wanted to travel by bus. Until then I was not very fond of travelling by bus. But then peripa weaved his magic wand upon me and I actually enjoyed travelling by bus. He opened a new world for me. And I started to know my way round the city with the bus.

This friday I went to singing class. My teacher was teaching me a telugu song and the words were very funny. I felt like laughing out loud. And at that moment I remembered peripa. When he last came over to visit we were talking about a song. He was explaining it to me and told me that "you might feel like laughing at the words of some songs because you don't know their meaning. But once you understand the meaning you will surely appreciate the song."

He also helped me a lot with my Maths. Every now and then I would call him up and ask my doubts. Most of the times he would ask me to scan the problems and send it to him by mail as it was very difficult to translate mathematical symbols correctly over the phone. And the next day when I would check my mail I would get a mail from him with the solutions to my problems. I would then call him up and say 'Thanks.'

He has shown a lot of love and affection to every member of our family and has had a huge influence on our lives. Undoubtedly he is the 'MVP' of our family.

Ajay Kumar
Mumbai

--------------

I consider myself blessed to be married to his youngest brother (son-that is how both anna and manni look upon Krishna) thereby being associated with this very great person.We all know that he was always smiling. Not just smiling but a smile that was so true from his heart. We could feel the warmth and concern he had for all of us.

I would like to narrate an incident which may not appear very interesting but has a lot of value. It was in the year 1982 .We use to live in Tarnaka university quarters then. He use to have his meals and leave for college. On that day I had made the KOOTU and had forgotten to put salt in it. As usual I served him the chappatis and the Kootu. He ate it as if it was very tasty. Not only that ,he took his usual 3 servings and never said a word. After sometime Shekhar came from school and I served him food. The first thing he did was to remark " Hey Kasturi, there is no salt in the Kootu. I picked up an argument with him and said that it was impossible as appa had taken the Kootu 3 times. At this Shekhar told me to taste it and it was only then I realised that Shekhar was right. When anna returned I asked him why did he not tell me that there was no salt in the Kootu.To this anna gave me an explanation which has gone deep into my heart . He said that the lady of the house takes a lot of pain to do her work and so we should not say anything to her. it may hurt her feelings.Such was his concern for the ladies in the house.

Anna was very fond of Jilebis. He use to buy them once in a way and ofcourse we all enjoyed it. But what he enjoyed more was to sneak an extra jalebi or two when manni was not watching him . Not that manni would object , but she took a lot of care about his health as he was diabetic.To me he was not just my brother in law but it was always the joy of being associated with this great person. He is a person who I always admired and respected,he will always remain with us . Our scriptures say that it is only the body that vanishes , but the soul stays forever. So true is this in anna's case , as we all feel he is still with each one of us, ever smiling which I am sure you will all agree.

HE IS INDEED AN EPITOME OF SMILE.

KASTURI
Mumbai
--------

No comments: