Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Annan oru kovil"

Vijaya Raman, appa's youngest sister, was particularly close to him. She says there are many memories she would like to share but words often fail her. This sums up her feelings...

"In fact my dearest brother can be described as a 'Mahatma' who possessed all extraordinary noble qualities like perseverance, patience, sense of sacrifice, ever smiling and rendering physical, mental and financial help to everyone in need, all who were in the midst of difficulties. He never hesitated to rush in and help immediately.

I still remember the day when our loving father left this world, in 1954. My younger brother was just a year and a half old. The whole responsibility of looking after the family fell on my older brothers, who were only in their early twenties. Pattabhi anna's patience and self sacrifice helped him face all the challenges. Whenever praise was showered on him by me, he used to pass on the credit to his 'ardhangini', my loving manni. Yes, it was only due to their mutual understanding and support that all problems were resolved. He is a role model for me in my own life.

In the real sense, anna occupies an exalted position in the temple of my heart. May his soul rest in peace."

No comments: